Click to add to your website
Online Links and Favorites
Of course I think my Solar Widget(s) are the best, but there are other free sources available. You choose which one you like the best.
- Julian (G4ILO) offers an html panel (WebProp) with SN, flux, Indicies, and band conditions.
- Patrick (N0HR) offers a solar panel (PropagationStats) with flux, Indicies, and warnings.
- Kevin (N3KL) offers two status bars for X-ray and Geomag field.
- Anthony (KA9NWM) at wattsupwiththat offers a World Climate Widget with SN, Flux, and solar image.
- Allard (PE1NWL) at DXrobot - Gouda offers five band condition status bars for VHF Aurora, North American 2m Es, and Europe 2/4/6m Es.
- Ansgar (DG2KBC) at Make More Miles on VHF offers three status graphs for EME, Europe Es and Meteor Scatter.
- Elmer (PH5E) at Rig Reference offers a widget that indicates which current HF bands are open.
- Claudio (IW1QLH) at HRDLOG offers a gadget that indicates current HF activity, solar image, solar flux, & sunspot number.
- Derek (W4DTB) at OCRA offers a gadget that uses the N0NBH xml file to create a text and image gadget similar to what I offer from a php file. You can download the Source and some examples, along with the readme file from the following link.
- Marv (W4ZD) offers a gadget that uses the N0NBH xml file to create an html color coded band conditions chart. Click the following link, and follow the instructions.
Sep 10 2020 - HAMQSL Updates and Upgrades in Progress
Items in progress:
- CRON jobs fixed so data and images are once again updated every 30 minutes
- Background X-Ray and Flare strength (both used in predicted forecast for all bands) fixed (new reliable source)
- Proton & Electron Flux fixed (new reliable source)
- Boulder MUF, fof2, and MUF factor fixed (new reliable source thanks to Alan N5PA)
- xml and rss outputs updated (with new sources)
- Updated NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Solar Wind Prediction pages
Please let me know if I break/or you see anything while fixing these issues. Lets hope the lousy Solar Cycle 25 forecast is totaly wrong (as have been in the past).
- 6m North America propagation
- If you have a source please let me know. Understand I will need their permission, and so far at least one reliable source has refused.
- Reliable source for MUF from Athens,GR; Hermanus,ZA; Sondrestrom,GL; Alaska,US; Niue IS; Darwin,AU; Tromso,NO; Mawson,AQ; Jicamarca,PE; Port Stanley,FK; Ascencion IS; Jeju IS; and Millstone Hill
- If I cant find a reliable source for MUF from these regions I will be forced to discontinue the solarmuf banner and modifiy the others as required. If you have a source please let me know!
- Broken links and outdated information as well as new data as it becomes available
HF Propagation Tools and Solar Data are now on multiple pages for faster loading
- Use the buttons at the top and bottom of the page to navigate, or use the following links:
- For Online MOF/LOF HF Propagation Prediction Tool, and conversion tools click here
- For Solar-Terrestrial Data banners and widgets (both web page and devices) click here
- For Understanding/Using Solar-Terrestrial Data, Solar Images, and HF Tutorials click here
- For current Space Weather and HF Propagation Conditions, and MUF Maps click here
- pdf presentation that contains tutorials and information on understanding radio propagation, and how to use all the data contained in the solar panels. You can download from this link
- pdf presentation that contains detailed instructions on adding a banner to your www.qrz.com BIO page. You can download from this link
NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Solar Wind Prediction Model
- Courtesy of NOAA SWPC.
Still of the latest model run is provided directly below when a CME event is predicted, along with comments from SWPC. A tutorial is provided below that, which
helps in understanding the model output.
- Please visit the NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil Solar Wind Prediction page for the full functionality of modes, time, speed, and additional information.
- Click link or image to visit the Storm or CME Prediction Model page. Note that SWPC only updates the
CME-based model when there is a potentially earth-directed CME.
- This is a GREAT tool for viewing CME events, and the corresponding solar wind speed and density for use in predicting both Auroral events and HF blackout conditions.
NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil CME Solar Wind Prediction Model Tutorial
- Here is a tutorial NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil CME Solar Wind Prediction Model. Clicking in the image will also open the full featured NOAA SWPC webpage.
OVATION Aurora Prediction Model
- Courtesy of NOAA SWPC.
- New Auroral Forecast product is based on the OVATION Prime model which provides a 30-40 minute forecast on the location and probability of auroral displays for both the northern and southern polar regions
- Click link or image to visit the OVATION Aurora page.
Northern Aurora Prediction
Southern Aurora Prediction