Click to add to your website
Online Links and Favorites
Of course I think my Solar Widget(s) are the best, but there are other free sources available. You choose which one you like the best.
- Julian (G4ILO) offers an html panel (WebProp) with SN, flux, Indicies, and band conditions.
- Patrick (N0HR) offers a solar panel (PropagationStats) with flux, Indicies, and warnings.
- Kevin (N3KL) offers two status bars for X-ray and Geomag field.
- Anthony (KA9NWM) at wattsupwiththat offers a World Climate Widget with SN, Flux, and solar image.
- Allard (PE1NWL) at DXrobot - Gouda offers five band condition status bars for VHF Aurora, North American 2m Es, and Europe 2/4/6m Es.
- Ansgar (DG2KBC) at Make More Miles on VHF offers three status graphs for EME, Europe Es and Meteor Scatter.
- Elmer (PH5E) at Rig Reference offers a widget that indicates which current HF bands are open.
- Claudio (IW1QLH) at HRDLOG offers a gadget that indicates current HF activity, solar image, solar flux, & sunspot number.
- Derek (W4DTB) at OCRA offers a gadget that uses the N0NBH xml file to create a text and image gadget similar to what I offer from a php file. You can download the Source and some examples, along with the readme file from the following link.
- Marv (W4ZD) offers a gadget that uses the N0NBH xml file to create an html color coded band conditions chart. Click the following link, and follow the instructions.
Sep 10 2020 - HAMQSL Updates and Upgrades in Progress
Items in progress:
- CRON jobs fixed so data and images are once again updated every 30 minutes
- Background X-Ray and Flare strength (both used in predicted forecast for all bands) fixed (new reliable source)
- Proton & Electron Flux fixed (new reliable source)
- Boulder MUF, fof2, and MUF factor fixed (new reliable source thanks to Alan N5PA)
- xml and rss outputs updated (with new sources)
- Updated NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Solar Wind Prediction pages
Please let me know if I break/or you see anything while fixing these issues. Lets hope the lousy Solar Cycle 25 forecast is totaly wrong (as have been in the past).
- 6m North America propagation
- If you have a source please let me know. Understand I will need their permission, and so far at least one reliable source has refused.
- Reliable source for MUF from Athens,GR; Hermanus,ZA; Sondrestrom,GL; Alaska,US; Niue IS; Darwin,AU; Tromso,NO; Mawson,AQ; Jicamarca,PE; Port Stanley,FK; Ascencion IS; Jeju IS; and Millstone Hill
- If I cant find a reliable source for MUF from these regions I will be forced to discontinue the solarmuf banner and modifiy the others as required. If you have a source please let me know!
- Broken links and outdated information as well as new data as it becomes available
HF Propagation Tools and Solar Data are now on multiple pages for faster loading
- Use the buttons at the top and bottom of the page to navigate, or use the following links:
- For Solar-Terrestrial Data banners and widgets (both web page and devices) click here
- For Online MOF/LOF HF Propagation Prediction Tool, and conversion tools click here
- For NOAA's SWPC WSA-Enlil Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Solar Wind Prediction Model click here
- For Understanding/Using Solar-Terrestrial Data, Solar Images, and HF Tutorials click here
- pdf presentation that contains tutorials and information on understanding radio propagation, and how to use all the data contained in the solar panels. You can download from this link
- pdf presentation that contains detailed instructions on adding a banner to your www.qrz.com BIO page. You can download from this link
Current HF Propagation Conditions
f0f2 Critical Frequency, T-Index, & HF Fade
Current Space Conditions (Solar Wind/Interplanetary Magnetic Field/Miscellaneous Dials) at Sun-Earth L1 Point
- Courtesy of Rice University
- Select desired item from box. Page refresh updates all images at once.
- On the dial background color schemes, green indicates that values in this range are unlikely to disturb the near-Earth space environment. Yellow indicates that values in this range may contribute to disturbances, and Red indicates that values in this range are likely to drive disturbances. This scheme is valid for all dials except the "Log[Beta]" dial
Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF), 5-30MHz Absorption, F2 Height, and Solar Angles
Current Solar Space Weather and Aurora
- Courtesy of KHO Auroral Forecast Service
- Left image show the size and location of the impact zone of energetic particles from the Sun.
- Right image shows the local all-sky view of the oval. Sun, moon and satellite or star poistions are also included.
- Top images North pole, bottom images south pole.
|North Pole KHO Auroral Forecast
|South Pole KHO Auroral Forecast
Current Space Conditions