Click to add to your website
Online Links and Favorites
Of course I think my Solar Widget(s) are the best, but there are other free sources available. You choose which one you like the best.
- Julian (G4ILO) offers an html panel (WebProp) with SN, flux, Indicies, and band conditions.
- Patrick (N0HR) offers a solar panel (PropagationStats) with flux, Indicies, and warnings.
- Kevin (N3KL) offers two status bars for X-ray and Geomag field.
- Anthony (KA9NWM) at wattsupwiththat offers a World Climate Widget with SN, Flux, and solar image.
- Allard (PE1NWL) at DXrobot - Gouda offers five band condition status bars for VHF Aurora, North American 2m Es, and Europe 2/4/6m Es.
- Ansgar (DG2KBC) at Make More Miles on VHF offers three status graphs for EME, Europe Es and Meteor Scatter.
- Elmer (PH5E) at Rig Reference offers a widget that indicates which current HF bands are open.
- Claudio (IW1QLH) at HRDLOG offers a gadget that indicates current HF activity, solar image, solar flux, & sunspot number.
- Derek (W4DTB) at OCRA offers a gadget that uses the N0NBH xml file to create a text and image gadget similar to what I offer from a php file. You can download the Source and some examples, along with the readme file from the following link.
N0NBH Solar Banners in QST Magazine
The Australian Government is engaged in a push to privatize the IPS Space Weather Service. I for one have found IPS to be an invaluable
resource for propagation data for Amateur Radio Operators. Please visit http://review.ips.gov.au/
to get the entire picture and email address to reply. Note submissions close 18 July. 73 de Paul
The N0NBH Solar Banners are featured in Feb 2014 QST Magazine (you have to have a guest or regular membership to view).
Thanks Steve AG1YK for a great article!
I am posting the NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil CME updates on my WSA-Enlil CME page as I receive them from NOAA. These are updated when a CME event is predicted, and contain the display and detailed information about future CME events.
HF Propagation Tools and Solar Data are now on multiple pages for faster loading
- Use the buttons at the top and bottom of the page to navigate, or use the following links:
- For Solar-Terrestrial Data banners and widgets (both web page and devices) click here
- For Online MOF/LOF HF Propagation Prediction Tool, and conversion tools click here
- For NOAA's SWPC WSA-Enlil Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Solar Wind Prediction Model click here
- For Understanding/Using Solar-Terrestrial Data, Solar Images, and HF Tutorials click here
- pdf presentation that contains tutorials and information on understanding radio propagation, and how to use all the data contained in the solar panels. You can download from this link
- pdf presentation that contains detailed instructions on adding a banner to your www.qrz.com BIO page. You can download from this link
Current HF Propagation Conditions
f0f2 Critical Frequency, T-Index, & HF Fade
Current Space Conditions (Solar Wind/Interplanetary Magnetic Field/Miscellaneous Dials) at Sun-Earth L1 Point
- Courtesy of Rice University
- Select desired item from box. Page refresh updates all images at once.
- On the dial background color schemes, green indicates that values in this range are unlikely to disturb the near-Earth space environment. Yellow indicates that values in this range may contribute to disturbances, and Red indicates that values in this range are likely to drive disturbances. This scheme is valid for all dials except the "Log[Beta]" dial
Maximum Usable Frequency (MUF), 5-30MHz Absorption, F2 Height, and Solar Angles
Current Solar Space Weather and Aurora
|Current Solar Wind
||Current Northern Auroral
||Current Southern Auroral
|Real-Time Auroral Oval
Current Space Conditions