I am posting the NOAA SWPC WSA-Enlil CME updates on my WSA-Enlil CME page as I receive them from NOAA. These are updated when a CME event is predicted, and contain the display and detailed information about future CME events.
HF Propagation Tools and Solar Data are now on multiple pages for faster loading
- Use the buttons at the top and bottom of the page to navigate, or use the following links:
- For NOAA's SWPC WSA-Enlil Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) Solar Wind Prediction Model click here
- For Solar-Terrestrial Data banners and widgets (both web page and devices) click here
- For Understanding/Using Solar-Terrestrial Data, Solar Images, and HF Tutorials click here
- For current Space Weather and HF Propagation Conditions, and MUF Maps click here
- pdf presentation that contains tutorials and information on understanding radio propagation, and how to use all the data contained in the solar panels. You can download from this link
- pdf presentation that contains detailed instructions on adding a banner to your www.qrz.com BIO page. You can download from this link
Online Maximum & Lowest Observed Frequency (MOF & LOF) HF Propagation Prediction Tool
- For 3,000 kilometer radio signal single hop paths (original tool Courtesy of K1TTT)
- N0NBH Tool enhancements include a different global map, resolution & auto population of your location, and obtaining & auto population of current SFI, A-Index, and K-Index conditions
- Just click "NOW" as all settings (including location) are auto-populated using the current NOAA solar data indices.
- I resolve and populate your coordinates using your IP address. If not correct, just click your QTH location on map then click "NOW".
- Select desired mode/map/overlays. Key shows bands.
- Click "Next Hour" to advance, or enter desired UTC Date & Time, estimated SF/K/A Index, then click "Compute" for future predictions.
MOF & LOF HF Propagation Prediction Tool Tutorial
- Single image tutorial on how to interpret and use the online prediction tool
Online Solar Terrestrial Data Converters
Online Sunspot Number (SN)/Solar Flux Index (SFI) Converter
- Converts SN to SFI, or SFI to SN. Useful for those programs that require one value, and you only have the other. Also fun to play around with!
- Remember, you are using a measured or observed value to calculate the other using a recognized formula, so the result most likely will not match the other measured value. The solar panel only uses measured/observed values from NOAA.
Online K-Index/K-Measurement Unit (nT)/Signal Noise Level/Geomagnetic Field Converter
- Converts K-Index (from 0-9) to the K-Measurement Unit (in nanoTesla or nT) range, the expected HF signal noise level range in "S" units/dB, and the current Geomagnetic Field state
- You can also enter a specific K-nT value (from 0-999), or specific signal noise level in "S"/dB (0-60), or Geomagnetic Field of Quiet, UNSET, Active, or Storm (any case) to get the other values/ranges.
- Great for figuring out how noisy the bands are
Online Aurora Activity/K-Index/Latitude Converter
- Converts specific Aurora Activity (from 1-10++) to the calculated K-Index (from 0-9), and to the lowest Latitude (North or South Hemisphere) range in Ks that you can expect Auroral activity (either visual or radio frequency)
- You can also enter a specific calculated K-Index (from 0-9), or specific latitude in "°"/Ks (40-90) to get the other values/ranges.
- Great for figuring out when to get outside and look for the northern lights or work VHF Aurora at your location